Monday, November 24, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes



"I am a man of faith and hope. Instead of reclining in misery, I choose to celebrate my blessings. I have so much to be grateful for and I refuse to lose sight of that. The road doesn't end here; this is but another facet of the journey. I've got more work to do in the business of music. I, John will be home soon.”
John Forté (2002)

John Forté is one of 16 people President Bush freed from prison today through pardons or commuted sentences. Forté went from a student at a prestigious prep school (Phillips Exeter Academy), to a student at a lauded university (NYU), to an acclaimed producer/lyricist/performer, to an inmate and now he’s a free man. Through 7 years of restricted movement, constantly monitored behavior and all those other ills prison imposes upon its inhabitants—he has maintained his own dignity and managed to elevate others. His letters preach perseverance and a dedication to excellence and truth. After 7 years of a 14 year prison sentence, Forté is free (technically not until Dec. 22nd)!!!!!!!!!!!

My cheeks are starting to hurt, but the smile on my face will be here awhile.

If you don’t know about the man and his music/philosophies visit the site below:
http://www.freejohnforte.com/


STAY UPalways, is the moral of this one.


1 comment:

Jayne Neverow said...

You're not the only one smiling. I feel you on this one 200%.

Great blog, btw.